LOGANVILLE, GA (WXIA) – Gwinnett County firefighters responded Thursday morning to a house fire in the 3900 block of Pine Village Place in Loganville.
Crews arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the garage and bonus room of a single-story home. A car inside the garage was also fully involved with the fire. Firefighters were forced to withdraw as the roof collapsed in the center of the home.
According to Fire Captain Tommy Rutledge, the house was considered a total loss. Siding on the houses on either side suffered significant melting to the exterior wall siding material. Rutledge said two vehicles – one in the garage of the burning house and one parked in the driveway – were also damaged by the fire.
No injuries were reported, either among the occupants, or among firefighters. The American Red Cross was contacted to provide temporary assistance to the five occupants of the home displaced by the blaze.